Vodafone launch free TV service
Tuesday 13 January 2009 16:26:58 by John Hunt

Vodafone has launched a free trial of a streaming TV service known as Babelgum to contract customers with data bundles. The videos have a focus on independent content and include clips on different topics including film, music, comedy, animation, nature, travel and sports.

Within those genres, content featuring videos from international artists such as Coldplay, Robbie Williams and Kings of Leon will be available as well as BBC comedy such as The Mighty Boosh and The Office, and bite-sized clips of BBC nature documentaries with Sir David Attenborough.

The program can be downloaded from Vodafone Live! and is available for the Nokia N96, N95 and 6210.

Comments

Posted by citizenx over 8 years ago
Sounds like the usual content free content really.

I'm not inspired!

D- must try harder.

I do wonder sometimes when these kind of services are announced:

A). Who is responsible. I suspect it's some middle class, middle aged suit.

B). If they launch this type of tripe just so they can advertise the service.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 8 years ago
Agreed looks a waste of time nothing more than another mini youtube
Posted by Foggy_UK over 8 years ago
I can't what "extra" this would give me that I haven't got else where on other websites already and yet another player to install. Not even sure it's worth a D-, more of a doomed to "F" for fail!
Posted by mishminx over 8 years ago
Is independent content marketing speak for free crap?
Posted by citizenx over 8 years ago
>Is independent content marketing speak for free crap?

Pretty much.

Sure many of us love independent cinema and other material but online it tends to be rubbish nobody would pay for.

Lord only knows who (if anyone) watches this guff.

There is probably some really decent material out there but I don't want to watch some failed art student's projects just to find a gem.

Life is too short!