New CEO at Plusnet
Tuesday 18 November 2008 10:02:59 by Andrew Ferguson

The Plusnet community blog has the news that Neil Laycock the current CEO has decided to move on after two years in the post.

Neil will be staying around until the end of December. The new CEO started on 17th November and is Anthony Vollmer whose previous position was General Manager of Voice Propositions in BT Retail’s consumer division.

"I am very excited to be joining Plusnet and looking forward to building on Neil and the team's past successes. My primary role will be to focus on how we can drive more growth, using the backing of BT to help us achieve this"

Anthony Vollmer, CEO Plusnet

There are another couple of changes, John Petter, Managing Director of BT Retail’s Consumer Division, will become Plusnet’s Chairman and current Chairman Jon Hurry will step down, but remain on the board.

Comments

Posted by CARPETBURN over 8 years ago
quote"The new CEO started on 17th November and is Anthony Vollmer whose previous position was General Manager of Voice Propositions in BT Retail’s consumer division."

Good luck to Neil Laycock as to the new guy and his previous position...... "shudders"
Posted by Pigmaster over 8 years ago
Jobs for the boys
Posted by c_j_ over 8 years ago
"General Manager of Voice Propositions in BT Retail’s consumer division."

That is *not* initially a good sign for many people, although I must admit I was a bit surprised recently to see that BT either match or undercut Virgin phone call tariffs on almost any meaningful comparison, so maybe I'm prejudging things.
Posted by thermoman over 8 years ago
I just hope having signed up with them that we get the same or improved level of service provided in the past...
Posted by Doyle1965 over 8 years ago
Posted by CARPETBURN over 8 years ago
quote"I hope BT leave well alone with Plusnet! Its far superior to any service BT offer."

BT already own them