All the eights with Be Broadband
Tuesday 05 August 2008 10:01:27 by Andrew Ferguson

Be Broadband is running an "888" promotion for its Be Value package. For the remaining calendar months of 2008 the up to 8Mbps product will be billed at £8 per month for new customers, reverting to the standard price of £14 per month in 2009. The promotion also officially launches on 08/08/08, but the Be website is already providing details of the promotion.

The other key points on the product, are the £24 connection fee and a free wireless Be Box modem/router. The broadband, while an up to 8Mbps service, utilises ADSL2+ to offer an upstream speed of up to 1.3Mbps (as with download connection speed the upstream will depend on things like length of telephone line). Be is also still offering the Value package with unlimited usage.

Comments

Posted by chrysalis over 8 years ago
BE competing with its owner O2?

O2 should be used to get the customers who dont want to pay much and BE as a premium brand.
Posted by herdwick over 8 years ago
Posted by keith_thfc over 8 years ago
Chrysalis - why should be* be the premium brand?

To me its exactly the same product but without the requirement of having an O2 mobile.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 8 years ago
quote"Sheer desperation. Allows Be to offer cheap access to the large number of people that don't have or want an O2 mobile."
Sounds a darn good idea to me, more new customers and customers that are happy, getting more for less than they would with any MAX based product
Posted by Dawn_Falcon over 8 years ago
Because, of course, not pushing beyond your network's capacity and waiting until you have the capacity to give a mass of new customers a deacent service is "sheer desperation".
Posted by chrysalis over 8 years ago
keith, static ips, annex M options etc.
I see it the same as comparing sky to ukonline, and sky have started to differeintate the 2, sky now has DLM, dynamic ips only and are much more fussy who gets on adsl2 than ukonline.
I see your point tho and its fair.
Posted by rwsjr over 8 years ago
I was with BE for a year and then switched to the same package with o2. There is no doubt in my mind that the quality of customer service, speed and reliability of connection, and the router supplied by o2 is significantly superior to that of BE. I would recommend o2 very highly over BE.
Posted by edsora over 8 years ago
Thinking of changing to Be, I rang their sales line the other day for some clarification about their tariffs. It took them 10 minutes to get my surname right (5 letters using the phonetic alphabet) and refused to believe my telephone number (which I was calling from). I think I'll look elsewhere.
Posted by KEIRFREE over 8 years ago
I joined b e, Wished I had not, their customer service, seems to live on another planet,as we communicate in the same language, but there all commonality ends there.