Tiscali may have new buyer by end of April
Monday 31 March 2008 17:46:35 by Andrew Ferguson

Rumours of sales at Tiscali have been around for a while now. The latest from suggests that if Tiscali can find a buyer willing to pay €3.0 to €3.3 per share that a sale may go ahead.

Through its acquisition of Pipex broadband, Tiscali gained customers from a number of companies previously purchased by Pipex. Some customers of these providers will be becoming tired of constant changes at the top, but another sale is looking likely especially given that Tiscali UK apparently accounts for two thirds of the overall sales in the Tiscali group.

Posted by nadger over 9 years ago
Let's hope that Pipex Internet finally get a decent buyer but one feels that the once solid network that we enjoyed for several years can't be ressurected [:¬)

"Pass the Pipex" has ceased to be a fun party game for the customer base.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 9 years ago
You have to laugh at Tiscali, Pipex and everything relating to both of the organisations (term used losely) if youdont you will cry.

I wonder what silly person will buy them, is there anyone on this planet insane enough?
Posted by Going_Digital over 9 years ago
Whoever it is would have a real mess to sort out and I wonder if it is just the ISP retail business being sold not the wholesale network ?

Tiscali have moved most of their acquired customers off of the BT network on to LLU, I wonder if they are planning on holding on to this LLU network and then leave whoever buys the retail ISP business to fill their coffers with charges for LLU services as customers can not easily be migrated back to BT.
Posted by scousetechie over 9 years ago
I would say that this is prime for BT.
Posted by _sjr_ over 9 years ago
There probably aren't that many with deep enough pockets. BT, Virgin or Sky have the money but I doubt Virgin or Sky would be interested. Vodafone might be a good bet as they are lagging behind Orange and O2 in the home broadband stakes
Posted by gordon_mh over 9 years ago
Tiscali are showing that their books are good by charging non-customers of theirs monthly rental!!!

The sods have been taking money from my Mastercard for 3 months now and I've NEVER had any dealings with them at all. I can't get through on their 'cashcow' customer help line and their complaints service don't answer emails.

Come on Tiscali, stop stealing my money and pay me back you thieves.
Posted by Guzzo over 9 years ago
It cant get worse than it is now. Omly the threat of requesting a MAC code got freedom2surf got the billing Dept to refund two illegal charges. Support? Er there is no one on post as usual. Still it could be worse. Tiscali could get refused a buyer
Posted by sparky_132 over 9 years ago
They're currently trading just above €2, giving a market capitalisation of 1.19B. So they're looking for a substantial increase to their valuation of about 50%.
Posted by ETEE over 9 years ago
It'll be Vodaphone or Orange.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 9 years ago
I dont think anyone will buy them. Pipex was on the market a fair time with speculation BT and many others would buy them, in the end though it took basically what was a sister company (Tiscali) to bail them out. I dont see anyone rushing to buy Tiscali. Especially when as sparky says they want such a huge profit for such a shambolic company.
Posted by comnut over 9 years ago
what about the plusnet buyout/merger/whateva??? Strangly enough, their popularity has 'recovered' quite welll...

- just like pipex before them, I am sure tiscali will find plenty of newbies....
Posted by wraith1 over 9 years ago
Personally I went with Pipex based on it's previously good name. I've been with them almost a year now and recently - in the last 3 -4 months - the reliability and speed has dramatically dropped off until sometimes the "thinkbroadband" speed checker tells me that the upload speed is quicker than the download speed.
Ludicrous I know! I'll be looking to move on after my year is up!! Sky or maybe Be* for me I think!!!