Eclipse rewards those moving to its business broadband service
Tuesday 19 February 2008 18:22:33 by Andrew Ferguson

There was a time when it used to be you had to pay your new broadband provider if migrating to them, Eclipse is reversing this flow of money by paying businesses for switching to their broadband services.

The rebate varies according to the business product switched to:

• £10 for switching to Eclipse Teleworker or Business Broadband Option 1 which is currently £19.99 a month (£24.99 after 29th February 2008).
  • £20 for switching to Eclipse Business Broadband Option 2, monthly fee £39.99.
  • £30 for switching to Eclipse Business Broadband Option 3, monthly fee £49.99.

This offer runs until 12th May 2008 and carries a 12 month contract. More detail on the offer and the business broadband product range is on the Eclipse website.

Comments

Posted by Going_Digital over 9 years ago
Eclipse have to pay people to move to them as their service is so poor that everyone is migrating away. I have moved 2 lines away from them myself. They have gone down hill rapidly since being acquired by Kingston Communications.
Posted by Zebsy over 9 years ago
Eclipse service is laughable at peak times at the moment - 40kbps and below
Posted by richyb over 9 years ago
they are probably using the money taken from my account that they have not repaid to me as settlement for me leaving. Leaving eclipse was the best thing I have done with regards to broadband.
Posted by CARPETBURN over 9 years ago
The company name says all that needs saying..... Left in the dark!
Posted by alanw5 over 9 years ago
Cannot agree with any of these comments.
Yes Eclipse went through a bad patch when KC took over - and I actually requested a MAC code from them which was supplied by return email!. Try that with the others -the speed/service has steadily improved ever since. My morning connections almost always hit 6Mb/sec. and occasionaly the top whack! In the evening peak it may drop to 2 or 3.
Am I going to pay over £20 a month for Zen or Be? NOPE!! I stop here thanks. I certainly have no intentions of leaving them. May be these geeks all have crap telephone lines!
Posted by alanw5 over 9 years ago
Just a further note - it's now 11.00am - I have just downloaded a small (6Mb) file; it took less than 10 seconds!
Oh dear Eclipse are SO bad aren't they......NOT!
Posted by ianwmptc over 9 years ago
Advice to anyone considering this ...... DON'T!

Like so many, Eclipse promises so much (e.g. 8m) yet delivers so little (about 1, on a good day!).

We were paying a fortune for a half meg service with Merula, yet we were getting nearly 500kbps, over 90% of what we were paying for.

Eclipse is lucky to manage 15% of their promise.
Posted by raadams over 9 years ago
I too was worried about Eclipse service after the takeover but it seems better now and I have always found their helpline accessible and, well, helpful. Note that this offer is for business users and Eclipse says onits website that these get preference over home users.

My main gripe with them is that if you are a new business user you will pay £5 less exc. VAT than someone like me who has been a loyal customer. I'm tempted to move just for this.
Posted by Geoffrey over 9 years ago
I switched from Eclipse to Virgin and now get a decent service