PlusNet rejuvenate VoIP platform with Gradwell
Friday 30 November 2007 15:13:15 by
Broadband Phone, the VoIP service offered by PlusNet is to get a new lease of life after they signed a deal with Gradwell Dot Com to deliver a more reliable platform. The original offering from PlusNet saw regular service interruptions and problems, putting off potential users.
PlusNet launched a trial of the new service earlier in November with a number of new features available in the initial phase:
- Emergency services access (999 calling)
- Attach a geographic number to your account
- Customisable voicemail – enter your own voicemail message which activates after a defined ring period
- SMS Voicemail notification
- Inbuilt web-based phone directory
- Customisable Call divert feature – divert your calls to a given geographic or mobile number after a specified number of rings
- Maximum spend per day – set this feature to any given financial amount – especially useful as a parental control
- Increased peering reliability
PlusNet are welcoming their users to join the beta service to put it through its paces. More
details can be read about it in the PlusNet
Comms Team Blog.