Zen sponsors local rowing team
Thursday 27 September 2007 18:03:16 by Andrew Ferguson

Zen Internet is supporting Ruth and Lucy Walczak as part of their Olympic dreams. The twins needed a new double scull racing boat and with sponsorship from Zen Internet this has been secured. The boat has been named Zen in recognition of this funding.

The twins are based at and are part of the under 23 GB squad.

Ruth and Lucy have a tremendous challenge ahead of them to make the Olympic rowing team and then hopefully to bring home an Olympic gold medal. I'm very happy that we have been able to help them in their quest.

Richard Tang, Managing Director of Zen Internet

Posted by kennethsross over 9 years ago
"part of the under 23 GB squad."

23GB - is that the connection speed, or download limit?
Posted by therioman over 9 years ago
I'm so glad it isn't just me that read that and thought it was a download limit :-)
Posted by CARPETBURN over 9 years ago
LOL maybe it means the whole team have never done more than 23GB in a month which makes zen happy enough to sponsor them lol
On a serious note good luck to the both of them and well done to zen for stepping up and sponsoring future sports woman of this country.
Posted by zenops over 9 years ago
LOL - I have to admit I did look twice when it was published internally as well.
The team have done remarkably well to date and we wish them all the very best and hope they get to bring us back a gold at the Olympics.

We've won many awards as you know but a Gold medal would be an added bonus ;-)
Posted by CARPETBURN over 9 years ago
I wish more business in the UK would support our future sporting hopes, its nice to see an ISP which is far from the biggest business in the UK get involved in something like this, maybe it will set an example for other industry :)