New sign ups to BT Total Broadband in £1000 prize draw
Friday 01 December 2006 14:38:49 by Andrew Ferguson

BT Retail is out to attract people to sign up to its BT Total Broadband packages by offering a competition prize of £1000. Everyone who orders a BT Total Broadband between 1st December 2006 and 15th December 2006 will be entered into a daily draw for the £1000.

Details of the products and prize draw conditions are at www.bt.com/broadband. We missed this next promotion when the product was announced some time ago, but the BT Digital Vault product offers 2 GigaBytes (GB) of online storage for free to anyone with broadband internet access, and the option of an upgrade to store 20GB of material for £4.99 a month. 2GB is around 2000 digital photos, so a useful place to store family photos.

Comments

Posted by sc7534 over 10 years ago
DON'T DO IT!!!!!
I got the hub recently and speed has dropped from 2.5mbps to ... wait for it o.4mbps
no line faults no computer faults just crappy modem/router
speak to bt (india) they say its a line fault engineer visits says it isn't and bt speedtest shows line capable of 4mbps - only one conclusion here guys

Hope this is useful - it's good therapy for me because I want revenge!!
Posted by UKSMS over 10 years ago
Right so whats that got to do with anything?

The £1000 is an incentive for signing up. If you suspect the hardware use your own or get it replaced its not like BT are the only company to suffer with maybe one faulty router.

Plus if you win £1000 could buy you a nice router.
Posted by dcwilliamson over 10 years ago
I can't agree more with the last message. I was upgraded to upto 8 Mb. from 2.2 Mb, at the beginning of October. I now have an intermittent service making online gaming impossible, that runs between 2. Mb and 2.5 Mb.
The tech support is a joke, they will go through the same script asking the same question and you will get no where. Don't subscribe to this service, especially if you have a nice stable 2.2 Mb line from BT already. Once they up grade you they claim they can't switch back.

They also sent me 2 hubs before I got one that would connect at all.
Posted by sc7534 over 10 years ago
you are right dc
I've managed to get hold of the centre manager a chap called Ankur Gupta very polite and very helpful on the surface He promised to sort it out and call me back he did neither and when i called him back no one heard of him then we went back to the script the engineers don't work evenings or weekends and they expect me to take a third day off work for them to try and resolve a problem with a line on which 2 engineers say has no problem - talk about going round in circles
just like you I had a perfectly adequate BTbroadband service prior to getting the hub
Posted by dcwilliamson over 10 years ago
If you are having these problems:

1) write to Oftel (they at least gather complaints)
2) Write to BBC's watchdog. I have several friends with the same problem. If enough people write in, then watchdog may do something.

Interestingly I have a friend with Orange who is having the same symptoms after being upgraded, he contacted Orange and after some beating about the bush they admitted they rent the braodband infrastructure from BT.