Skip Navigation

ntl and Telewest combine to form NTL Incorporated
Friday 03 March 2006 17:10:00 by Andrew Ferguson

The combination of NTL and Telewest has now completed, with the resultant company being renamed to NTL Incorporated. The press release is available here.

Former NTL stockholders now own around roughly 75% of the combined company, and Telewest stockholders the other 25%. This combination has made NTL Incorporated the largest provider of residential broadband in the UK, and the UK's leading triple play provider. Currently services are provided to around five million customers, and the combined network covers more than 12 million homes, ie. around 50% of UK households and 85% of UK businesses.

A more consumer oriented questions and answers page on the forming of NTL Incorporated can be found here.


There are currently no comments about this news item.

You must be logged in to post comments. Click here to login.